The Great Canadian Ultimate Game

Nancy Shaddick of Ultimate Canada sent in the following information about The Great Canadian Ultimate Game which starts soon:

Starting at midnight, Canadian ultimate players in 24 locations across the country are participating in the Great Canadian Ultimate Game. This frisbee game for charity will pit white against red for the majority stake in funds raised. The white team, representing the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada, and the red team, representing Right to Play, will huck, flick and layout to help their team become the champion.

The game will start in Yellowknife at midnight on July 17.  Every hour, it will move to a new community, where the score will be carried forward and the game will continue. From Yellowknife it will travel to the west coast of Canada, then to Newfoundland before moving back west.  All told, 24 communities representing all 10 provinces and 1 territory will be participating in this great game! The team with the highest score at the end of the day will receive 60 per cent of the donations for their charity, while the other team will receive 40 per cent of the donations for their charity.

“We are really grateful to Ultimate Canada for their generous support for Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada’s (BGCC) goal of helping young people lead healthy, active lives,” said Pam Jolliffe, President and CEO, BGCC. “Ultimate frisbee is a wonderful game that is not only fun, but encourages physical activity at little to no cost.”

The Ultimate Game Across Canada is organized by Ultimate Canada, the governing body for the sport of ultimate in Canada. The organization promotes the growth and development of ultimate throughout Canada. Visit our website at

comments powered by Disqus