On Saturday, November 14, 2010, the University of Waterloo (UW) and Wilfred Laurier University (WLU) Open Ultimate teams had a post-season exhibition game in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. This was the first game of this type between the two Universities in Waterloo. Laurier had defeated UW B team at University Easterns but had yet to play against the UW A team in an organized game. 2010 was the first year for the WLU team, and several of their players played for UW last year at CEUUC and CUUC 2009. As an alumnus of the UW team and a friend of many of the players on the Laurier team, this game had special meaning for me. The game symbolized how far ultimate has come in Waterloo and it was really exciting for me to watch and photograph what turned out to be some pretty respectable ultimate. I bought a new lens in time for the occasion, which added to my personal excitement. Continue reading
Tweeted live on @IAmUltimate
- #TUF Team Canada game at 01:50 PM unless lightning returns (which it looks like it may do).
- #TUF weather maps indicate that the rain will pass in 20 minutes. Field conditions pending.
- Team Canada warming up at #TUF. http://yfrog.com/2sb68dj
- Game starts in 8 minutes at #TUF.
- Warmup continues on the Toronto side. Dime, Scotty, Anatoly. http://yfrog.com/bf1gpj
- Oscar and Sam. http://yfrog.com/02mvtj